首页 百科知识 你中招了吗

你中招了吗

时间:2023-09-17 百科知识 版权反馈
【摘要】:Fielding says these exercises may feel uncomfortable in the beginning because the neck muscles may have become weak."It's a little uncomfortable, but it's because those muscles a lot times, right, are so weak from being overstretched and being in this other position."However, you don't


From VOA Learning English, this is the Health & Lifestyle report. 

这里是VOA慢速英语健康生活报道。

When we do the same movements with our bodies over and over again, we overuse some muscles. And that overuse can lead to strain and injury. 

当我们不断重复同样的动作时,就会过度使用某些肌肉,而过度使用会导致肌肉劳损和拉伤。

Sometimes those problems can come from doing sports.  

有时候,运动会造成这类问题。

But exercise professionals say they are now seeing another cause for muscle problems: hand-held technology devices. 

但是运动专家称,他们发现了还有一种原因会引起肌肉问题:手持性科技设备。

Staring down at your phone or tablet for long periods of time puts great tension on your neck and spine.  

长时间盯着手机或平板电脑会给脖颈和脊椎带来很大压力。

Many people who use tech devices also hunch their shoulders forward.  

很多使用高科技设备的人还会肩部前倾。

Experts say this posture puts strain on the entire upper body. 

专家表示,这种姿势会让整个上半身承受压力。

Muscle strain linked to hand-held technology has become such a common condition that it now has a name: tech neck. 

与手持性设备有关的肌肉紧张已成为一种常见症状,如今被称为:“科技颈”(颈椎病)。

Kimberly Fielding, an exercise teacher in New York City, explains that constantly looking down at our devices creates an unnatural curve in our spine. 

纽约运动教练金伯利·菲尔丁(Kimberly Fielding)解释,长时间低头看手持性设备会造成脊椎不自然弯曲,

This can cause nerve pain and other problems. 

进而导致神经痛等其他问题。

"A lot of the curves of the neck can change, so instead of the cervical spine going inward, 

她说:“脊椎的弯曲可以改变,因此如果颈椎不是向内弯曲,

the curve can be a little bit different and it causes nerve pain and herniation(s) and different muscle tension headaches -- different things that really can reduce quality of life." 

那么曲线可能会有些不同,这会导致神经痛、间盘突出以及各种肌肉紧张性头痛,这些症状都会降低生活质量。”

Common symptoms of tech neck are neck pain, loss of feeling in your hands and fingers, headaches -- both mild and severe -- and poor posture.  

科技颈的常见症状包括颈痛,手部和手指失去知觉,轻度或重度头痛以及不良身姿。

In the worst cases of tech neck, you can lose the strength in your hands and fingers. 

科技颈最严重情况还会出现手部和手指无力。

Fielding noticed that many of her clients were coming to her for help with this "forward head posture."  

菲尔丁注意到很多前来求助的人都出现“头部前倾的体态。”

So, she created a class to directly address the problem of tech neck. 

因此,她发明了一门课程直接解决这种科技颈问题。

The class uses different exercises to release tension in the upper body and strengthen back and neck muscles.  

该课程通过不同的运动舒缓上半身的压力,锻炼背部和颈部的肌肉。

The class also works on breathing and posture. 

该课程可以调整呼吸和体态。

For a quick fix, Fielding has a simple suggestion -- hold your phone at eye level. 

作为速效方法,菲尔丁有一个简单的建议:将手机与眼睛持平。

"You can see the eye line change right away. So the gaze is horizontal now, and they're very aligned." 

她说:“你会察觉视线平行的变化。这样的视线是水平的并且是对齐的。”

A student of Fielding, Yasmin Venable, says the exercises have helped her release tension. 

菲尔丁的学生雅思明·维纳布尔(Yasmin Venable)表示,这些运动帮她舒缓压力。

"I feel like I used to carry a lot of tension, especially in my upper arms and have like this, 'ehh' feeling and now I feel like . . . I have a neck now!" 

她说:“过去我经常感觉身体承受了巨大压力,尤其是上肢,经常是这种状态。现在,我开始能感觉到脖子的存在了。”

Fielding says these exercises may feel uncomfortable in the beginning because the neck muscles may have become weak. 

菲尔丁表示,刚开始这些运动可能会让你感觉不适,因为你颈部的肌肉已经弱化了。

"It's a little uncomfortable, but it's because those muscles a lot times, right, are so weak from being overstretched and being in this other position."

她指出:“这种运动会有点不舒服,这是由于长期的过度紧张和错位导致了肌肉无力。”

However, you don't need to take a class like Fielding's.  

然而,你无需参加菲尔丁开办的这类课程。

You can take simple steps to improve tech neck. 

可以通过简单的动作改善科技颈的症状。

Take breaks from using your technology. Stand up and stretch your legs often.  

暂时放下手中的科技设备。经常站立,伸展双腿。

Also, give your eyes a break by closing them throughout the day. 

另外,一天中要抽空闭眼休息片刻。

Move your eyes to the screen not your neck, head or shoulders. 

让视线远离电子屏幕,而不是只活动脖子、头部和肩膀。

Do neck exercises. Experts at the website Spine Universe recommend these three neck stretches. 

做颈部操。Spine Universe网站的专家建议做以下三种颈部拉伸动作。

1. Chin Stretch 

1. 下巴拉伸

Move your chin towards your chest. Hold for 5 seconds.  

将下巴向胸口处收缩,保持5秒。

The stretch should feel comfortable from your neck to the base of your skull. Repeat 10 times. 

这种拉伸会让你的肩膀到头骨底部感觉舒畅。重复10次。

2. Side Tilt 

2. 侧倾

Tilt your head to the right. Bring your ear close to the shoulder. Hold for 20 seconds.  

将头部向右侧倾斜,尽量让耳朵贴近肩膀,保持20秒。

Bring your head back to center, and then tilt it to the left, again holding for 20 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times on each side. 

待头部摆正后再向左倾斜,再保持20秒。每一侧需重复3至5次。

3. Side-to-Side Head Rotation 

3. 头部左右旋转

Rotate your chin towards your right shoulder. Hold for 20 seconds.  

将下巴转向右肩。保持20秒。

Bring your head back to the center, and then rotate it to the left, again holding for 20 seconds. Repeat 3-5 times on each side. 

头部摆正,然后再转向左肩,维持20秒。每侧重复3至5次。

And if your tech neck symptoms get worse, see a health care professional. 

如果你的科技颈症状出现恶化,请及时就医。

And that's the Health & Lifestyle report.  

以上为健康生活报道的全部内容。

I'm Anna Matteo. 

安娜·马特奥为您播报。

词汇解析

1.lead to 导致

A lack of prudence may lead to financial problems.
不够谨慎可能会导致财政上出现问题。

2.health care 医疗卫生

They also stress the need for improved employment opportunities, better transport and health care
他们同时也强调需要增加就业机会,改善交通和医疗保健服务。

3.take a break 休息

We've been busy for hours; we'd better take a break.
咱们忙了半天,也该喘喘气了。

4.upper arms 上臂

I tried to step back, but he held my upper arms too tightly.
我试图往后退,但他将我的上臂抓得太紧了。



免责声明:以上内容源自网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯您的原创版权请告知,我们将尽快删除相关内容。

我要反馈